Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blogger Sleepover!

Driving up to Oakley, UT which is past Park City a bit. The colors are changing and were so pretty.

Back story a little bit...I saw this event on Facebook a couple months ago and thought it sounded like fun. I also thought that at least one person I knew would be going but it ended up I knew nobody at all. Eek, that was scary. Aubrey is the one who put this event on and I could tell it was very well planned. She has been planning this event for quite awhile!



Glad that this sign let me know I was in the right spot!

This is where we stayed! (upstairs above the garage)

September Slumber Soiree!

I am just now wondering what 'soiree' means and the definition is: 
"an evening party or gathering, typically in a private house, for conversation or music." 
So fitting!

When I arrived, dinner was still out so I got to eat a bit before settling in.

So many drinks!

Another shot of the yummy food. Chips, rice, salad , beans and toppings

This pic happened before I came but I thought it was cute because of everyone's faces
photo by Kaycie

Checking out our awesome swag bags
photo by Kaycie

BIG thank you to @agnesanddora for the leggings, @readyornotblog, @livylovestorun, @dandeliondesignstudio, @hellomaypole and @xtendbarreprovo 

Here are some of us just talking before starting the schedule for the evening

We had an amazing class all about makeup and tips from Jen

She passed this around and I ended up going to Ulta to get it. Hooray for coupons! ($11.99 in stores if you are wondering but its $9.99 on sale on their website so they honored that. Then I had a coupon for $3.50 off $10. Bam). This product hides the dark circles under your eyes and has a metal ball on the tip which feels so cool and nice on your face. I'm a fan.


photo by Kaycie


Banana split of sorts. So so good

Softest leggings ever!
photo by Kaycie


Agnes and Dora gifted us all with a pair of leggings in our swag bags. There were so many cool ones it was hard to decide which one I liked best

photo by Kaycie

One girl brought this...get a gel manicure without the lamp!? I had never heard of such a thing but its pretty fantastic.  I brought all my nailpolish up but everyone ended painting their nails with the above colors instead.


I stayed up way later than I should have (4am..cough) 

The next morning, Flippin Waffles came and made us breakfast. Oh my. SO GOOD.  You could pick from some suggestions or make your own.


I got nutella, strawberries, bananas and cream on mine. 
Delicious breakfast imo.

Wonut holes!

Great idea to have everyone write their Instagram name on a circle so we could follow each other

Lunch was soup in bread bowls. I love this meal so much!


Fancy cupcakes. I love cupcakes and this frosting is pretty yummy

Kaycie was the photographer for the event and she did a fantastic job at taking pictures of everyone!

Dont ask me what I'm wearing. It looks so random now!
photo by Kaycie

We talked about finding inspiration, blogger vs. wordpress and more. It's late and my brain is tired. But out of all the topics talked about I learned something so this is good!

Fat owl love. I had to get a pic!

The drive home was pretty too and it definitely got hotter when I got closer to SLC. It was a good sleepover and I learned a lot from the roundtable discussions that we had. I mainly listened and didn't say too much but it was still good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always good to network and meet people...what a great event!

Mom Knows Best said...

What a fun event. I wish there was bloggers in my town that I could connect with.

Frugal Flirty N Fab said...

Looks like a great event and fun had by all!

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

WOW! I so wish I could do this! It looks like a great bonding experience. I have ideas now.

Nicole of NLLMag said...

It seemed you guys had a blast.