Thursday, November 6, 2014

Liquid Canvas - Where I Learn to Paint


Does a blank canvas inspire you or scare you?



I got to find out when I went to Ogden in October for a blogger night that my friend Staci put together at a neat little spot called Liquid Canvas that opened this past June. They do classes , parties and even day dates for teens before they head out to prom. 

Paint on my palette!

First we started by painting our canvas gray. This was trickier to do than I thought.

This is what I ended up with, or , close to the end of the night this is what I had. I kept texting pictures to my co-worker Kara because she is basically an artist type person, to get her opinion and advice. Turns out I am much more of a perfectionist than I thought.

The atmosphere was fun with music playing and we got served a Shirley Temple along with a story of how it got its name.

Everyone was doing so well! Our instructor was very patient with us

I made the last petal at the bottom a little larger. That seemed to be the trick to making it look a lot better.

We all took a picture together at the end of the evening

I came home and hung it up in my craft room/guest room right away. I added a bit more yellow paint which was in the process of drying when I took this picture. 

It was stressful a bit to get it 'right' but overall it was a very fun evening. I wish Liquid Canvas wasnt so far from where I live but if you are ever up in the Ogden area you should definitley stop by and say hello. Maybe sit down and paint something! They also have a boutique with cute clothing,etc.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a fun night! My mom teaches at a place like this in Texas!!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun!

AdriansCrazyLife said...

That's my problem - perfectionism. I went to one of these places once and now my canvas is sitting face to the wall in the back of my closet. I probably need to go to more of them, so I won't be so self-conscious about my painting skills and can just enjoy myself more.