Saturday, May 23, 2015

The Cokeville Miracle

I happened to snag a couple tickets to a screening of a new movie coming out June 5th called, The Cokeville Miracle. Thank you to John Dye who let me know via Facebook that there was a screening at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi and extra tickets were available. Yahoo! I've been seeing the billboard for this movie and hearing little bits about it for awhile and so I was super stoked to go check it out and let you guys know what I think!




The movie is based on a true story of a town in Wyoming called Cokeville in 1986. I was only 4 years old back then when this happened! 136 children and 18 teachers in the elementary school were held hostage by a man and woman who had a homemade bomb and many guns. Some pretty amazing things happened during the hours they were captured. I thought the movie was well done with lots of intensity and thought provoking situations.  I like how the movie was filmed and think T.C Christensen (director of 17 Miracles and Ephraim's Rescue) did an excellent job. The co-producer introduced the movie to us and T.C Christensen said a few words to us afterwards which was pretty cool. 


The Cokeville Miracle opens in theaters on June 5th.

Let me know if you plan on seeing it!

No comments: